Thursday, February 26, 2009

Snow Hares
We had some snow recently, a seemingly rare winter event these days. Unfortunately living by the coast any snow which does appear usually quickly melts. As the snow lay around I was pondering on what I could try and photograph as it can create some great light. Hares running through snow seemed like a nice idea. Unfortunately I was late getting to the site and met with a carpet of snow covered in hare tracks. Looked like I had potentially missed some good action. During my search for the hares I only managed to find two, neither of which were running through snow!

The first was laying down and creating its own personal snow drift.

The other stood staring for a while at close range before departing into some undergrowth.

I thought there is always tomorrow but by the next day all the snow had virtually melted away. I felt as if I had missed an opportunity but with the happy consolation that it always good to get those first hare photos of the year :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Superb crisp images. So nice to see the hares!

Jason Bugay Reyes said...

Lovely looking Hares

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails