Sunday, June 17, 2007

Saturday morning showers

After the deluge of rain of this last week, I decided to head out yesterday morning for a couple of hours. I nearly did not go as the light was not really very good and it was still raining but needed to get out with the camera. Having said that I did not come home with many shots as I spent a fair amount of time trying to get some shots of reed warbler but they had other ideas. So I ended up with..

A goldfinch gathering nesting material
A Greenfinch
and a male LinnetMeanwhile in my back garden at home the numbers of this years young goldfinch are steadily increasing.and the Collared doves seem quite aggressive at the moment and chasing away a number of other birds

I also caught sight of another very small new visitor to the garden which has so far escaped the attentions of the neighbours cats.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails